Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My eldest child












It's been a big year for Deakan. He started Kindergarten, he rode his first Ferris wheel, he has found a new love for lego's and sledding. He went skiing for the first time and became a big brother again. Deakan is truly the best first child I could have asked for. He is smart, obedient, independent and wise beyond his years. When I get frustrated with the kids he'll say "It's hard being the mom isn't it mom?" yes it is sometimes Deakan, but not to you. You are my helper and my peacemaker. I couldn't be prouder to call you my own. You are the best at playing with Reese in the car and the best at looking out for your little brother. A few weeks ago Maverik was asked to say the prayer in primary. He went and sat up front but when the time came for him to pray Mav froze. Deakan came to his rescue out of the audience and whispered in Mav's ear. When that didn't help he put his arm around Mav and said the prayer for him. I wasn't there to witness it myself but the primary presidency said it brought them to tears to see Deakan looking out for his little bro. You are such a quick little learner you have your first 3 articles of faith down and your teacher can't seem to keep up with you and the books you pass off. You are our official scripture reader at night before bed because you read so well. It makes me and dad so so proud.
I love how mature you are. When we were driving up the mountian to take you skiing the first time you looked out the window at a large snowy hill and said "I don't think I'm prepared for this." You are so kind and loving. You take such good care of your puppy "Licksers" you ask me to take good care of him everyday while you are at school. When Maverik get's hurt you always try to make him feel better. Usually by hitting yourself, which always makes Mav laugh. I can't wait to see what this year will introduce to you, and I have no doubt you will make us proud in everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment